Please remember that Pennington Day is a community and family event.
The Pennington Day Board reserves the right to deny registration and/or participation to any vendor deemed by the Board to be dangerous, offensive, lewd, illegal, contrary to the public’s best interest, in violation of the Terms and Conditions below or otherwise not conducive to a family-friendly environment.
FOOD VENDORS – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Location: The fair is on South Main Street (between Academy and Welling Avenue) and East Curlis Avenue in Pennington, New Jersey. Food Courts are located in front of Toll Gate Grammar School and on South Main Street near Howe Commons. You will be notified of your designated space by e-mail no later than 3 days before Pennington Day. Your space will be marked on the street. The Pennington Day Board will try to accommodate requests for a specific location, but placement in the requested location cannot be guaranteed.
Size: One food vendor booth space is up to 30 feet along the curb. If your setup exceeds 30 feet, you must register for additional booth space(s). Please indicate the exact dimensions of your (food truck) setup on the registration form, so that we can properly mark the area on the street.
Electricity: There is no electricity available in booth spaces.
Setup and Breakdown: Setup begins at 7am and ends at 9am. During this time period, Main Street is a one-way street running South to North between Welling Avenue and Academy Avenue. Traffic is heaviest around 8am so please plan accordingly and leave enough time to get to your spot and unpack your vehicle. All vehicles must be removed by 9am to accommodate the Pennington Day 5K run. Breakdown starts at 4pm with one-way rules in effect.
Parking: There are no reserved parking spots for vendors on Borough streets. Please comply with the Borough’s NO PARKING signs, as certain streets are marked for emergency egress.
Deadline for registration and payment of fees: May 7, 2018.
- Non-profit food vendor: $20 registration fee + $60 per booth space.
- For-profit food vendor: $20 registration fee + $220 per booth space.
The registration fee is non-refundable.
The booth space(s) fee is non-refundable after May 7, 2018.
In the event that Pennington Day is cancelled due to circumstances beyond the Pennington Day Board’s control, your booth fee will be considered a tax-deductible donation in support of Pennington Day Community Grants.
FOOD VENDOR TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Pennington Day Board reserves the right to deny registration and/or participation of any vendor and/or exhibit that is deemed, in the Board’s sole discretion, to be dangerous, offensive, lewd, illegal, contrary to the public’s best interest, in violation of these terms and conditions or otherwise not conducive to a family-friendly environment.
- All vendors shall be respectful of the attendees and other vendors.
- Booth and Food Vendors may include non-profit and for-profit organizations, businesses, groups, and individuals.
- Registration and space fees must be paid in full by the registration deadline.
- All food vendors must have a Temporary Food License issued by the Township of Montgomery’s Department of Health to sell food at Pennington Day. Click here for the Pennington Borough Temporary Food Application. You are not permitted to sell food without this license.
- Food vendors using a propane tank or open flame must have a permit issued by the Hopewell Valley Bureau of Fire Safety. Click here if you need the Permit Application. You cannot use a propane tank or open flame without this permit.
- Food vendor equipment shall be subject to inspection by the Bureau of Fire Safety on the day of the event.
- All vendors must have general liability insurance and carry a Certificate of Liability Insurance for Pennington Day as seen here.
- Vendors are not included as insureds under Pennington Day’s Special Event Policy. Vendors in need of insurance may purchase a Group Vendor Insurance Policy provided by Francis L. Dean & Associated for $35 (in addition to registration) that provides $1,000,000 in coverage subject to the terms, exclusions and conditions of the policy found here. This Insurance is valid for Pennington Day only and can be purchased at registration checkout.
- Any vendor offering a raffle must be registered to conduct legalized games of chance with the State of New Jersey’s Division of Consumer Affairs, Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission. Information can be found here.
- The sale, promotion, distribution and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly forbidden.
- You are responsible for cleaning up your area once Pennington Day is over. Trash receptacles and recycling bins for bottles, paper and cans are available throughout the event. Cardboard can be left next to the recycling bins so please do not fill cardboard boxes with trash!
- Failure to comply with any of the above shall affect a vendor’s ability to participate in Pennington Day and may result in being asked to leave and/or forfeiture of fees.