Pennington Day is an annual street fair organized by a volunteer board. Pennington Day provides an opportunity for local community groups,
non-profit organizations, and businesses to inform the community about their work and sell products. Proceeds from vendor booth space fees and sponsor donations fund a Community Grants Program for projects that will serve Pennington Borough and/or Hopewell Valley.
BOOTH VENDORS – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Fair Location: South Main Street (between Academy and Welling Avenue) and East Curlis Avenue in Pennington, New Jersey.
Booth Space: One booth space is 10 x 10 feet. Vendors are responsible for providing, setting up, and removing their own tables, chairs, tents and any other items within their booth space. These items will not be supplied by Pennington Day. If the booth vendor’s materials exceed the 10 x 10 space, vendors must register for additional booth space(s).
Each booth space is designated by a street zone and number. Zones and numbers will be marked on the street. You will be notified of your designated street zone and booth space number by e-mail no later than 3 days before Pennington Day. The Pennington Day Board will try to accommodate requests for a specific location, but placement in the requested location cannot be guaranteed.
Electricity: There is no electricity available in booth spaces. The use of generators is strongly discouraged. If a vendor plans on bringing and using a generator, they must indicate so on the online registration form so a suitable booth space can be provided.
Setup and Breakdown: Setup begins at 7 a.m. and ends at 9 a.m. During this time period, Main Street is a one-way street running South to North between Welling Avenue and Academy Avenue. Traffic is heaviest around 8 a.m. so please plan accordingly and leave enough time to get to your spot and unpack your vehicle. All vehicles must be removed by 9 a.m. to accommodate the Pennington Day 5K run. Breakdown starts at 4 p.m. with one-way rules in effect. You are responsible for cleaning up your area once Pennington Day is over. Trash receptacles and recycling bins for bottles, paper and cans are available throughout the event. Cardboard can be left next to the recycling bins so please do not fill cardboard boxes with trash!
Parking: There are no reserved parking spots for vendors on Borough streets. Please comply with the Borough’s NO PARKING signs, as certain streets are marked for emergency egress.
- Non-profit organizations: $20 registration fee only.
- Businesses in Hopewell Valley (including Pennington Borough, Hopewell Borough and Hopewell Township):
$20 registration fee + $65 per booth space.
- Businesses outside Hopewell Valley: $20 registration fee + $125 per booth space.
BOOTH VENDOR TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Pennington Day Board reserves the right to deny registration and/or participation of any vendor and/or exhibit that is deemed, in the Board’s sole discretion, to be dangerous, offensive, lewd, illegal, contrary to the public’s best interest, in violation of these terms and conditions or otherwise not conducive to a community and family-friendly environment. All vendors shall be respectful of the attendees and other vendors.
- Booth Vendors may include non-profit and for-profit organizations, businesses, groups, and individuals.
- Deadline for registration and payment of fees: 5 p.m. on Tuesday May 5, 2020.
- The registration fee is non-refundable. The booth space(s) fee is non-refundable after 5 p.m. on Tuesday May 5, 2020.
- In the event that Pennington Day is cancelled due to circumstances beyond the Pennington Day Board’s control,
your booth space fee will be considered a tax-deductible donation in support of Pennington Day Community Grants.
- All vendors must have general liability insurance in accordance with the requirements seen here.
- Vendors are not included as insureds under Pennington Day’s Special Event Policy.
- All vendors should obtain a Certificate of Insurance that names Pennington Day as an additional insured and contains the date and location of the event as seen here.
- Booth Vendors in need of one-time only insurance may purchase a Group Vendor Insurance Policy provided by Francis L. Dean & Associates as seen here.
- The insurance is available for $35 (in addition to registration fees) and can be purchased at registration checkout.
- The insurance is valid for booth vendors (no food vendors) for Pennington Day ONLY.
- Vendors who purchase this policy will receive a Certificate of Liability Insurance via email prior to Pennington Day.
- Vendors agree that participation in Pennington Day is at their own risk and that they are responsible for the safety of their premises, operations, employees and participants.
- Vendors shall bear the risk of loss with respect to any owned, leased, rented or borrowed vehicles, equipment, data, tools or other personal property.
- Vendor shall bear the risk of loss with respect to any of its expenses or loss of income.
- All vendors agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pennington Day from and against all claims, damages, losses, expenses, fines, causes of action or other liabilities, (including all costs, reasonable attorneys’ fees, consequential damages, and punitive damages), arising out of or alleged to arise out of, participation in Pennington Day to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Any vendor offering a raffle must be registered to conduct legalized games of chance with the State of New Jersey’s Division of Consumer Affairs, Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission. Information can be found here.
- Booth Vendors may not sell food (see Food Vendors for related information).
- The sale, promotion, distribution and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly forbidden.
- Failure to comply with any of the above shall affect a vendor’s ability to participate in Pennington Day and may result in being asked to leave and/or forfeiture of fees.
Email: [email protected]