Please remember that Pennington Day is a community and family event.
The Pennington Day Board reserves the right to deny registration and/or participation to any vendor deemed by the Board to be dangerous, offensive, lewd, illegal, contrary to the public’s best interest, in violation of the Terms and Conditions below or otherwise not conducive to a family-friendly environment.
BOOTH VENDORS – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Location: The fair is on South Main Street (between Academy and Welling Avenue) and East Curlis Avenue in Pennington, New Jersey. Each booth space is designated by a street zone and number. Zones and numbers will be marked on the street. You will be notified of your designated zone and number by e-mail no later than 3 days before Pennington Day. The Pennington Day Board will try to accommodate requests for a specific location, but placement in the requested location cannot be guaranteed.
Size: One booth space is 10 x 10 feet. Vendors are responsible for providing, setting up, and removing their own tables, chairs, tents and any other items within their booth space. These items will not be supplied by Pennington Day. If the booth vendor’s materials exceed the 10 x 10 space, vendors must register for additional booth space(s).
Electricity: There is no electricity available in booth spaces. The use of generators is strongly discouraged. If a vendor plans on bringing and using a generator, they must indicate so on the online registration form so a suitable booth space can be provided.
Setup and Breakdown: Setup begins at 7 a.m. and ends at 9 a.m. During this time period, Main Street is a one-way street running South to North between Welling Avenue and Academy Avenue. Traffic is heaviest around 8 a.m. so please plan accordingly and leave enough time to get to your spot and unpack your vehicle. All vehicles must be removed by 9 a.m. to accommodate the Pennington Day 5K run. Breakdown starts at 4 p.m. with one-way rules in effect.
Parking: There are no reserved parking spots for vendors on Borough streets. Please comply with the Borough’s NO PARKING signs, as certain streets are marked for emergency egress.
Deadline for registration and payment of fees: 5 p.m. on Friday May 3, 2019. Registration will close before May 3 if all booth vendor spaces are booked.
- Non-profit organizations: $20 registration fee only.
- Businesses in Hopewell Valley (including Pennington Borough, Hopewell Borough and Hopewell Township): $20 registration fee + $65 per booth space.
- Businesses outside Hopewell Valley: $20 registration fee + $125 per booth space.
The registration fee is non-refundable.
The booth space(s) fee is non-refundable after 5 p.m. on Friday May 3, 2019.
In the event that Pennington Day is cancelled due to circumstances beyond the Pennington Day Board’s control, your booth space fee will be considered a tax-deductible donation in support of Pennington Day Community Grants.
BOOTH VENDOR TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Pennington Day Board reserves the right to deny registration and/or participation of any vendor and/or exhibit that is deemed, in the Board’s sole discretion, to be dangerous, offensive, lewd, illegal, contrary to the public’s best interest, in violation of these terms and conditions or otherwise not conducive to a family-friendly environment.
- All vendors shall be respectful of the attendees and other vendors.
- Booth and Food Vendors may include non-profit and for-profit organizations, businesses, groups, and individuals.
- Booth Vendors may not sell food (see Food Vendors for related information).
- Registration and space fees must be paid in full by the registration deadline.
- All vendors must have general liability insurance and carry a Certificate of Liability Insurance for Pennington Day as seen here
- Vendors are not included as insureds under Pennington Day’s Special Event Policy. Vendors in need of insurance may purchase a Group Vendor Insurance Policy provided by Francis L. Dean & Associated for $35 (in addition to registration) that provides $1,000,000 in coverage subject to the terms, exclusions and conditions of the policy found here. This Insurance is valid for Pennington Day only and can be purchased at registration checkout.
- Any vendor offering a raffle must be registered to conduct legalized games of chance with the State of New Jersey’s Division of Consumer Affairs, Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission. Information can be found here.
- The sale, promotion, distribution and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly forbidden.
- You are responsible for cleaning up your area once Pennington Day is over. Trash receptacles and recycling bins for bottles, paper and cans are available throughout the event. Cardboard can be left next to the recycling bins so please do not fill cardboard boxes with trash!
- Failure to comply with any of the above shall affect a vendor’s ability to participate in Pennington Day and may result in being asked to leave and/or forfeiture of fees.
Email: [email protected]