VENDOR REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Pennington Day is an annual street fair organized by a volunteer board. Pennington Day provides an opportunity for local community groups,
non-profit organizations, and businesses to inform the community about their work and sell products. Proceeds from vendor booth space fees and sponsor donations fund a Community Grants Program for projects that will serve Pennington Borough and/or Hopewell Valley.
FOOD VENDORS – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Fair Location: South Main Street (between Academy and Welling Avenue) and East Curlis Avenue in Pennington, New Jersey.
Food Courts are located in front of Toll Gate Grammar School and on South Main Street near Howe Commons. You will be notified of your designated space by e-mail no later than 3 days before Pennington Day. Your space will be marked on the street. The Pennington Day Board will try to accommodate requests for a specific location, but placement in the requested location cannot be guaranteed.
Food Vendor Booth Space: One food vendor booth space is up to 30 feet along the curb. If your setup exceeds 30 feet, you must register for additional booth space(s). Please indicate the exact dimensions of your (food truck) setup on the registration form, so that we can properly mark the area on the street.
Electricity: There is no electricity available in booth spaces.
Setup and Breakdown: Setup begins at 7 a.m. and ends at 9 a.m. During this time period, Main Street is a one-way street running South to North between Welling Avenue and Academy Avenue. Traffic is heaviest around 8 a.m. so please plan accordingly and leave enough time to get to your spot and unpack your vehicle. All vehicles must be removed by 9 a.m. to accommodate the Pennington Day 5K run. Breakdown starts at 4 p.m. with one-way rules in effect. You are responsible for cleaning up your area once Pennington Day is over. Trash receptacles and recycling bins for bottles, paper and cans are available throughout the event. Cardboard can be left next to the recycling bins so please do not fill cardboard boxes with trash!
Parking: There are no reserved parking spots for vendors on Borough streets. Please comply with the Borough’s NO PARKING signs, as certain streets are marked for emergency egress.
- Non-profit food vendor: $20 registration fee + $60 per booth space.
- For-profit food vendor: $20 registration fee + $220 per booth space.
FOOD VENDOR TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Pennington Day Board reserves the right to deny registration and/or participation of any vendor and/or exhibit that is deemed, in the Board’s sole discretion, to be dangerous, offensive, lewd, illegal, contrary to the public’s best interest, in violation of these terms and conditions or otherwise not conducive to a community and family-friendly environment. All vendors shall be respectful of the attendees and other vendors.
- Food Vendors may include non-profit and for-profit organizations, businesses, groups, and individuals.
- Deadline for registration and payment of fees: 5 p.m. on Tuesday May 5, 2020.
- The registration fee is non-refundable. The booth space(s) fee is non-refundable after 5 p.m. on Tuesday May 5, 2020.
- In the event that Pennington Day is cancelled due to circumstances beyond the Pennington Day Board’s control,
your booth space fee will be considered a tax-deductible donation in support of Pennington Day Community Grants.
- All vendors must have general liability insurance in accordance with the requirements seen here.
- Vendors are not included as insureds under Pennington Day’s Special Event Policy.
- All vendors should obtain a Certificate of Insurance that names Pennington Day as an additional insured and contains the date and location of the event as seen here.
- Food vendors must have a Temporary Food License issued by the Township of Montgomery’s Department of Health.
You are not permitted to sell food without this license. Click here for the Pennington Borough Temporary Food Application.
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for the purchase of a Temporary Food License is Tuesday May 5, 2020!
- The sale, promotion, distribution and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly forbidden.
- Food vendors using a propane tank or open flame must have a permit issued by the Hopewell Valley Bureau of Fire Safety.
You cannot use a propane tank or open flame without this permit. Click here if you need the Permit Application.
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for the purchase of a Fire Safety Permit is Tuesday May 5, 2020!
- Food vendor equipment shall be subject to inspection by the Bureau of Fire Safety on the day of the event.
- Vendors agree that participation in Pennington Day is at their own risk and that they are responsible for the safety of their premises, operations, employees and participants.
- Vendors shall bear the risk of loss with respect to any owned, leased, rented or borrowed vehicles, equipment, data, tools or other personal property.
- Vendor shall bear the risk of loss with respect to any of its expenses or loss of income.
- All vendors agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pennington Day from and against all claims, damages, losses, expenses, fines, causes of action or other liabilities, (including all costs, reasonable attorneys’ fees, consequential damages, and punitive damages), arising out of or alleged to arise out of, participation in Pennington Day to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Any vendor offering a raffle must be registered to conduct legalized games of chance with the State of New Jersey’s Division of Consumer Affairs, Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission. Information can be found here.
- Failure to comply with any of the above shall affect a vendor’s ability to participate in Pennington Day and may result in being asked to leave and/or forfeiture of fees.
Email: [email protected]